Saturday 25 November 2017

October Oracle Reading

Here is my oracle reading for the October Divination challenge. I know I'm posting it rather late, but I wanted to wait until after the event it refers to was over, then life got in the way, etc. etc.


1. My question for this reading is: “Please give me advice about my upcoming exhibition at the end of October.” I will be participating in an exhibition at an art gallery for the first time.

2. I used the spread from the Oracle Deck’s booklet: Black Swan, White Swan. The meanings are as follows:
1. The Black Swan: what could get in your way.
2. Magic Feather: what to do about this obstacle.
3. The White Swan: what could help you and what to pay attention to.
4. Magic Feather: how to use this solution.
5. Swan Flight: an aerial overview ; a wider perspective.



3. I am using the Sacred World Oracle deck. This is another deck I’m using for the first time. (I cleansed the deck with white sage incense a couple of days beforehand.) The cards I drew are:
1. II – CAT (earth): fertility ; beauty ; magic ; independence.
2. XXXVI – HORSE (fire): speed ; transportation ; focus ; intensity.
3. XL – SCORPION (fire): vengeance ; the unexpected ; harsh enlightenment ; intensity.
4. XVII – DOLPHIN (water): divine guidance ; greater intelligence ; unexpected help.
5. XXXIX – FIREFLY (fire): transitory beauty ; illumination ; inspiration.

4. Interpretation:
1. The Black Swan: what could get in your way.
CAT – As I was shuffling the cards, my cat came into the room and I thought: it seems a cat will literally get in my way while doing the reading. Then I drew the cat card! The cat symbolises beauty, individuality and expression. My fear of showing my true self and my feelings might stifle my art and make it harder for me to do what I need to do. I would then be unable to show the truth and the magic that I’m trying to imbue my art with. The cat card challenges me to express myself authentically.
2. Magic Feather: what to do about this obstacle.
HORSE – The horse represents speed and focus. I should concentrate on the job at hand and don’t let my doubts distract me. In this position, the image on the card spoke to me as well. The horses on the card are breathing fire – I felt it means that I should harness the fiery passion they represent to overcome my fears.
3. The White Swan: what could help you and what to pay attention to.
SCORPION – The scorpion represents the warrior with its weapon the sting. My first instinct is that surely this would be a negative card, but it’s in a position which indicates something of benefit. I believe it means that I should take a warrior’s attitude. I should be strong and don’t let anyone or anything hurt me. I should fight for myself and my art.
4. Magic Feather: how to use this solution.
DOLPHIN – Help is on the way from an unexpected source. I will receive guidance from a greater intelligence outside myself – or perhaps this refers to my intuition. I know that I can conquer any problems that come along. Cultivating the qualities of the scorpion – strength and invulnerability – will make me more knowledgeable and experienced for future exhibitions.
5. Swan Flight: an aerial overview ; a wider perspective.
FIREFLY – The firefly is a symbol of transitory beauty. The exhibition, while it will only last for a few weeks, will be a wonderful experience. Perhaps I will find inspiration from others who are involved. I will learn valuable lessons from it – and perhaps meet people who can help me in the future.

5. Overall, I think the Oracle gave me a reassuring yet realistic answer. While I will come across problems, my biggest obstacle could possibly be myself and my doubts and anxieties. If I take on a strong and determined attitude, I will prevail and have a positive experience. I will learn many valuable things that I can take with me into the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, greetings from cooling Florida/USA(finally).

    I really like your use of two sources(Oracle spread & a different Oracle deck) for your Divination.

    Can you provide links of both Oracle cards please, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete