Monday 21 August 2017

Surprise Parcel from Uncle Fester's Magickal Alternatives

This month I decided to sign up to Uncle Fester's Magick by the Month Surprise Parcel. Uncle Fester's Magickal Alternatives is an online metaphysical shop that's been running for over 20 years. The proprietor, Margaret Copland, is based in Geelong (a regional city not far from me) and I've been enjoying her products and newsletters for about a year now. (She is also the inventor of Astrolenergies, which I wrote about in this post.)

There are several different themed parcels, but I decided to subscribe to the most general one: Magick by the Month. Here is what it contained:


✷ a binder with laminated information cards
✷ a Bronzite crystal with info card
✷ a large packet of Witches Brew incense (sandalwood, frankincense and hops)
✷ a silver bracelet with a kangaroo charm
✷ a white sage cleansing stick
✷ Midnight Bloom premium incense
✷ a mini Tarot card reading
✷ a leather journal keychain

The binder has an image of Australian bushland on it, and a pentacle charm. Five seasonal information cards for the month of August are included. More information cards are included with every month's parcel, so by the end of a year I will have a complete seasonal library.


I was happy to receive the Bronzite crystal. I have a special fondness for crystals and I've never seen a Bronzite before. The packet of incense was impressively large. I have been meaning to work with incense more so I'm sure it will come in handy. I will probably transfer it to one of the many jars I've collected. The mini leather journal is lovely but I will probably take it off the keychain. I wouldn't want it to be damaged. The white sage stick should come in handy as I've been getting an urge to do Spring cleaning lately. The only thing I wasn't that pleased with was the bracelet. I don't normally wear bracelets are they're too fiddly to do up, but I'll keep the kangaroo charm and perhaps use it in some spellwork or add it to my clue-hunting kit.

My mini tarot card reading is STRENGTH. Whether it means I am strong or I need strength, I'm not sure!


(Apologies, I meant to take more photos of the individual items, but the light was fading.)

The cost of the Magick by the Month parcel was $45 ($30 for the parcel and $15 postage). Postage in Australia is expensive, unfortunately. There isn't much you can do about that. I thought the price was very reasonable.

Overall, I was very happy with my parcel. One of my friends runs a monthly subscription box service, which I've helped with a couple of times, so I know how much work they are to put together. Margaret offers six different varieties -- that's impressive! I'm looking forward to seeing what's in the next box, and completing the information cards in my binder.

No comments:

Post a Comment