Friday 4 August 2017

Urban Divination Oracle Reading

I did this Oracle card reading for the Grey School Divination Club's July challenge. Now that the challenge is over, I'm posting it for my readers.



I am using Professor Pam Wishbow’s Urban Divination Oracle, which is a new deck that I am using for the first time. Here is my oracle reading:

1. My question is: “Should I open an online shop within the next 6 months?” This is something that I’m planning to do in the future, but I have a lot of commitments at the moment and am wondering if I should delay this particular project. I made sure to choose a specific time period.

2. The spread I chose is one I found on Pinterest. I thought it would be an appropriate spread for a decision regarding a project. In my case, the project is a business one, but also has an emotional component. The five cards from left to right are: 1. Past; 2. Present; 3. Hidden Factors; 4. Advice; 5. Outcome if Advice is Followed.

3. As mentioned previously, I am using Professor Pam Wishbow’s Urban Divination Oracle. The cards I drew are as follows. Please note that the guide only lists 3-4 general keywords for each card, and exhorts the reader to apply their own interpretation to the cards.

1. (Past) THE CROW – intelligent ; grudge ; opinionated
2. (Present) THE SPENT CONDOM – abandon ; wisdom ; desire
3. (Hidden Factors) THE BIN – order ; humility ; structure
4. (Advice) THE RAT – depenance (sic) ; pest (Assuming “depenance” means dependence?)
5. (Outcome if Advice Followed) THE UNOPENED CANDY – temptation ; fascination ; seduction


4. Here are my thoughts on the cards I drew:
1. (Past) THE CROW – I ran an online shop selling zines in the past, and one of the reasons I ended up closing it was because I was anxious of what people would think of the content of my zines. While my writing was intelligent and thoughtfully constructed, I was worried people would think I was opinionated. As well, I may have held a grudge because others were more successful than me.
2. (Present) THE SPENT CONDOM – I have the desire to go ahead with this project, whether it’s wise or not. My logical side says that I already have enough on my plate, but part of me wants to throw caution to the wind. I want to act with abandon.
3. (Hidden Factors) THE BIN – While I tend to think of myself as a disorganised person by default, I’ve run an online shop before, and also currently run my friend’s shop when he is sick or on holidays. I’ve been successful with both, and have been able to keep order and follow structure. This is a capability I don’t always acknowledge. “Order” could also refer to purchase orders! (I have a feeling this deck has a sense of humour…)
4. (Advice) THE RAT – The most obvious meaning to this card is that if I open the shop too soon, with too many other commitments, it will become a pest. Wild rats are something that most people don’t like to have around, and perhaps the shop will become like that if I open it too soon and without enough thought put into it.
5. (Outcome if Advice Followed) THE UNOPENED CANDY – I believe that temptation and fascination refer to a desire for buyers to purchase my art and craft items. Assuming that the advice is to wait until more than 6 months has passed to open the shop, this time might allow fascination with my art and craft to build up.

5. It took me a little longer than normal to find the meaning of this reading. I’m not used to working with this Oracle deck – or with cartomancy in general – so I needed to think over the card meanings more carefully to come to a conclusion. I do think this reading answered my question. It indicates that I should wait at least 6 months before opening an online shop. This will give me time to explore my ideas and build up a stock of products that potential buyers will find tempting. However, I should have confidence that when I do open a shop, I will have the organisational skills to be able to run it successfully.

Sources:
Professor Pam Wishbow’s Urban Divination Oracle.
Pinterest: “Five Card Spread.”

2 comments:

  1. Nice Oracle set....and reading too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I saw it online, it was so unusual, I had to have it.

      Delete