Sunday 6 August 2017

What is Astrolenergies? and My Astrolenergies Chart

Astrolenergies is an idea devised by Margaret Copland of Australia. It combines two traditional concepts -- Astrology and the Four Elements -- into one system. Five aspects from Astrology are each assigned an Element, and the combination of the five determines the energies for each day. Like Astrology, the Astrolenergies combination on the day of a person's birth can determine their personality and life path, but because of the five factors involved, there are more variables.

To give an example, I had my Astrolenergies chart done, and I came out as a Triple Fire sign with Earth and Water influences. The five factors on the day I was born are associated with the elements like this:

Day = Saturday = Earth
Sun Sign = Aries = Fire
Moon Sign = Sagittarius = Fire
Moon Phase = Full = Fire
Season = Autumn = Water



My Astrolenergies combination consists of three Fires, one Earth and one Water. This means that I have the personality attributes of a Fire sign, but tempered with Earth and Water attributes. There is no Air in my sign, meaning I don't often show the attributes of an Air sign.

With five different aspects taken into account, there are a large number of signs possible, so Margaret devised a simple set of symbols to represent each sign. Mine is represented as a triangle with two dots. The red triangle represents the 3 Fires in my sign (as a triangle has three sides), while the blue and green dots represent the one Earth and one Water.


According to the system, if the energies for any particular day match your personal Astrolenergies sign, then this is a Personal Power Day for you. Any activity you undertake on that day is more likely to succeed. There are also Strong Element days, where one element is represented four or five times in the sign. These are days to concentrate on activities that relate to the element in question.

My Astrolenergies chart included not only my personal sign, but a list of Personal Power Days and Strong Element Days for the next year. It also details the personality traits for each of the four Elements, and suggested activities (both magical and mundane) that relate to each of the Elements, plus Mixed Days and Balanced Days. There was also a section with suggestions on how to plan your year around the Astrolenergies system. All up, there was 20 pages of information -- I was quite impressed. I'm also a subscriber to the mailing list, and each morning I receive a chart with the day's Astrolenergy and suggested activities for that day. On days when I feel scattered, the chart gives me a potential area to focus on.

I find the Astrolenergies system a very intriguing one: it takes traditional ideas and melds them into a system both broader and more specific than the originals. I'm looking forward to working with it and seeing if I notice any changes or improvements in my life.

Notes:
* I purchased the birth chart reviewed in this post, this review was not commissioned, and my own personal opinion is represented.
* The drawings are my own. I used my Hobonichi daily diary. I went over the lines a little bit, and I'm putting that down to the fact that I have a cold at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment