Thursday 14 December 2017

Vision Seeker Course

Recently I completed Nicole Piar's free Vision Seeker course. Nicole is a visual artist who I stumbled across completely by accident a few months ago. I loved her whimsical, slightly retro watercolours of cats and dreamy girls. When I saw her Spirit Cats oracle deck, I needed it immediately. (I wrote about it in my divination tools post.)


The Vision Seeker course is run once a year and consists of 13 daily oracle readings, sent by email. Some days include a meditation or a creative task as well. While Nicole's Spirit Cats oracle deck is the most suitable, any oracle deck can be used for the readings. Normally I'm not that interested in anything where there are daily exercises in a group format, as I don't have time to work on them every day and I inevitably fall behind. Having an excuse to use my new deck was too tempting, though.


I don't have much experience with this kind of activity, but I really enjoyed it and gained much more than I thought I would. I was put at ease by the tone of the commentary and the wise quote at the head of each day. I can be put off if something is too 'woo-woo' or mystical, but I didn't get that feeling from this course. It was also secular and would appeal to people of many different spiritual or religious backgrounds.

Having said all that, this post isn't really a review -- I want to focus more on sharing my experience. Not all of the lessons had the same effect on me, but some of them were very profound. I was asked to reflect on my strengths, activities that are important to me, energies I would like to bring into my life, my relationships with the people and world around me, and more.


The energies or qualities that really stood out for me in regards to these, and which kept coming up over and over, were Focus, Imagination, Majesty, and Unique. Focus was the card selected for my positivity talisman. Warrior only came up once, but in a very important reading -- the energy to bring to my chosen focus. After narrowing down the aspects of my life I wanted to focus on, I chose movement. For me this means activities that will improve my health, flexibility and energy levels, like yoga, walking, dancing, etc. Warrior was an excellent choice, because it indicates strength, standing up for what I believe in, doing what's right. It also has an element of physicality to it, I think.


While I've been sick on and off for the last few months, the lessons I learned in the course have helped me to keep focussed on my health and acknowledge how important to meet myself where I am, not to expect too much.

The reading in the course with the largest scope was on Day 12, with 11 cards. This reading is designed to make me think about my position in the world, in relation to my family, friends, community, ancestors, etc. The instructions warned that it would take some time for the full meanings of the cards to become clear. I did have some impressions almost immediately on doing the reading, but I will return to my notes sometime soon to see if I have any more insights.

No comments:

Post a Comment