Saturday 30 September 2017

Grey School Summary :: September 2017


Unfortunately I didn't make much progress this month. At the start of the month I finished one assignment for each of the two classes I'm enrolled in, but then my mundane life got in the way. (Or not so mundane, as the case may be!) During the month I applied for and was accepted to exhibit in an art gallery. I am creating 5 new pieces for the exhibition, so much of my focus has been on that. I'll write more about it soon in my official announcement post.

I have to admit, too, that knowing our Lodge is coming dead last in the House Cup stakes was a bit de-motivating when it came to earning extra merits. No matter how many challenges I participated in, we weren't going to win, so I decided to conserve my energies and wait until the new term to re-double my efforts.

I managed to make some progress with meditating this month, however. After I finished the grounding meditation assignment, I decided to continue with the practice, meditating 1 - 2 times a week. It's been difficult to find somewhere quiet to practice, but I'm not letting that discourage me. I've been enjoying using the Insight Timer app.

Some non-school-related things have come my way this month as well. I decided to become a Rune Soup premium member. Since I discovered this blog at the start of this year, I've dedicated myself to reading the archive of posts -- which I estimate to be over 750 posts! While the more recent posts are mostly announcements of podcast releases and interviews, many of the older ones are blindingly enlightening. Speaking of the podcast, I've been catching up on that as well -- it consists of almost 100 episodes. I'm at the stage now where I'm more than convinced that I like what this guy has to say, so I decided to give him some money. I've been spending my lunchtimes listening to the podcast while I walk in the park, and reading a blog post or two on the train on the way home. Gordon fills my days.


Classes In Progress:
✷ Core Energy Practices 101
✷ Wizardry 100: Becoming an Apprentice

Assignments Finished:
✷ Grounding Exercises (Core Energy Practices 101)
✷ Magickal Name Essay (Wizardry 100)

Credits:
✷ This month: 0 Total: 2

Merits Earned:
✷ Non-Academic: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment